This is Bancroft School, 1515 N. Monroe St., in Spokane. This photo was likely taken sometime in the early 1900s. Bancroft, completed in 1886, was the first school on Spokane’s north side and in 1889 would be one of the first five schools that made up Spokane’s School District No. 81 (now called Spokane Public Schools). The school was demolished in 1960 and the new Bancroft opened a year later near the same location.