1906: The Otis Mercantile sign is erected by George Pringle and Rube Gebbers on the roof of the store built for John Halloran of Otis Orchards. The building burned down in 1921, and the store was rebuilt at Harvard Road and Wellesley Avenue, a few blocks away.
April 22, 2013 in City on Page A5
Settlers William and Johanna Pringle homesteaded in eastern Spokane County in 1883, near a railroad stop called Otis. In 1903, Mark Mendenhall and Laughlin MacLean contracted to use a drainage …