Jan. 12, 1938: The Jenkins Building stands at the corner of Broadway Avenue and North Monroe Street. It was named for Col. David P. Jenkins, who homesteaded the area north of the Spokane River when he settled in Spokane in 1880.
Oct. 7, 2013 in City on Page A5
Col. David P. Jenkins was one of Spokane’s greatest benefactors. Before homesteading Spokane’s north side of the river, Jenkins, born in 1823, was a lawyer from Ohio, an acquaintance of …