Circa 1905: Spokane’s city hall was built in 1894 at Howard and Front Street, near the falls, where it stood until 1909. The Union Pacific bought the site from the city fathers and tore the building down to construct tracks through the area to connect to the Union Depot to the east.
Aug. 25, 2014 in City on Page A5
The history of the intersection of Howard Street and Spokane Falls Boulevard is the story of Spokane: 1871: J.J. Downing and S.R. Scranton settle by the Spokane Falls and build …