Silverwood Photo Contest Rules
- No purchase is necessary.
- All federal, state and local regulations apply. Void where prohibited. For additional rules or contest questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or uploaded to www.spokane7.com/contests.. Hard copy photos submitted to either business will not be accepted or returned to sender.
- Ages 18 and up.
- All submitted photos are subject to approval by officials from either Silverwood Theme Park or The Spokesman-Review prior to posting. Submissions that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy will be deleted. For more information read The Spokesman-Review’s full forum standards and community guidelines.
- Current employees of Silverwood Theme Park and The Spokesman-Review/Cowles Company and their family are not eligible to participate. Photos can be submitted for display/testing purposes, but must include “employee” and won’t be considered for final selection.
- Silverwood Theme Park intends to use a significant selection of the submitted photos in promotions prior to or during the 2018 season/30th anniversary celebration, including billboards and digital and print promotions, and a photo mosaic/collage made of many smaller photos
- By accepting these rules, photo submitters grant The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood permission to use their likeness and everyone recognizable in their photos in any and all of its publications, including its web site, TV and other promotions without payment or any other consideration. Contestants must own or have permission to use any uploaded or emailed images.
- Contestants hereby irrevocably authorizes The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo for purposes of publicizing The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood programs or for any other lawful purpose
- The contestant waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein their likeness appears. The contestant waives any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph, and releases The Spokesman-Review/Silverwood, their agents and/or assignees from any and all claims from damages of any kind based on the use of said photographs.
- Submission period is between 5 p.m. Monday Aug. 21, 2017, and 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 4, 2017.
- One photo will be selected randomly by Silverwood Theme Park based on total entries received at the close of the contest period. Photos eligible for consideration must have been taken at Silverwood between 1998 and 2018 and the submitter holds the rights. Selection will take place following the closing of the contest period.
- Silverwood also reserves the right to choose a minimum of three other properly submitted photos with appropriate content as “honorable mention” and award each submitter with two day passes to be used during the 2018 season These will chosen based on collaboration between officials at Silverwood and The Spokesman-Review, following the same standards as the grand prize winner.
- Winners will be notified by email and phone. Non-cash prizes not redeemable for cash. Prize winner is responsible for all taxes and additional expenses incurred in acceptance of prizes. Winners of the contest in have until June 2018 to redeem their prizes.
A complete list of winners will be available for 10 days after the end of the contest, and be requested by sending a request to:The Spokesman-Review,
999 W. Riverside,
Spokane WA 99210
attn: SILVERWOOD SUMMER PHOTO CONTEST 2017.