Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 10:56 p.m.
- Owen Spiwak’s grand slam boosts Vancouver past Spokane Indians to complete series
- Spokane Indians reliever Joe Kuzia took the independent road to the Northwest League
- Spokane Indians beat Vancouver on Whatley’s 11th inning homer
- Spokane Indians walk-off Vancouver on Miguel Aparicio single
- Big fifth inning ignites Vancouver past Spokane Indians in series opener
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 6 a.m.
- Former Gonzaga big Kyle Wiltjer signs with Toronto Raptors
- Illinois State transfer Deontae Hawkins re-commits to Boston College
- Gonzaga’s Corey Kispert ready to go after calculated recovery
- Ex-Gonzaga wing Bryan Alberts joining Dan Monson at Long Beach State
- Gonzaga will open WCC schedule at home against Pacific, Santa Clara
UPDATED: Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 6:27 p.m.
- Vince Grippi: With 100 RBIs, Nelson Cruz is our statistical favorite
- Mitch Haniger, Nelson Cruz homer in Mariners’ 7-6 win over Rays
- On the Farm: Mariners minor league report for Aug. 18
- Mariners Log: M’s start road trip with convincing win over Rays
- Mariners’ Amanda Hopkins is first female baseball scout in more than 50 years
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 6:20 p.m.
- MLB Capsules: Machado’s slam helps Orioles rally past Angels
- MLB Capsules: Nomar Mazara drives in five to help Rangers edge White Sox
- Steinbrenner, Torre like Jeter in front office with Marlins
- Haunted by legacy, Red Sox owner wants to rename Yawkey Way
- MLB caps: Mookie Betts two-run double in ninth lifts Red Sox over Cardinals
UPDATED: Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 7:35 p.m.
- Washington State gets pledge from California receiver
- Washington State offense hits a standstill ... and four other observations from the second fall scrimmage
- Washington State QB commit Cammon Cooper dials up 10 touchdowns in prep game
- He’s passed, he’s caught, he’s punted – Washington State’s Kyle Sweet a jack of all trades
- Rolling, not running, the preferred method of punishment for Washington State’s Mike Leach
Sat., Aug. 19, 2017, 3:09 p.m.
- Eastern Washington’s defense plans to keep pressure on opposing quarterbacks
- Eastern Washington starting offensive tackle Nick Ellison leaves program for personal reasons
- ‘Lean on us,’ say Eastern Washington offensive linemen
- Former Eastern Washington WR Kendrick Bourne making noise in NFL preseason
- Former Eastern Washington star Vernon Adams Jr. traded to Sasketchewan
Sat., Aug. 19, 2017, 6:23 p.m.
- Idaho Vandals defense totals four interceptions in final scrimmage of camp
- Idaho Vandals set serious tone during workout before final football scrimmage
- Matt Linehan returns in fine form in Idaho Vandals’ first scrimmage
- Check this out: Vandals’ Ed Hall finds success on and off the field
- Jerry Campbell, football star at LC, Idaho and the CFL, dead at 73
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 6:38 p.m.
- Huskies work to bring out defensive lineman Levi Onwuzurike’s potential
- Washington Huskies linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven has resume, but not much playing time
- Washington Huskies defense continues to rock in first days of camp
- Washington Huskies feel there’s no need to worry about their defense
- Here’s five Washington Huskies ready for a breakout season
Sat., Aug. 19, 2017, 4:19 p.m.
- ESPN to tell 150-year history of college football during ‘19
- Former Arkansas coach, AD Frank Broyles dies at 92
- Mike Tirico to be play-by-play announcer for Notre Dame on NBC
- K-State’s Bill Snyder back on the sidelines for another year
- David Haugh: Ara Parseghian remembered as meticulous coach who blended intensity, intellect
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 5:55 a.m.
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 5:51 p.m.
- Matt Calkins: George Fant’s injury deprives Seahawks of potential upswing
- Seahawks lose starting left tackle George Fant during exhibition win over Minnesota
- Answering 3 pressing questions heading into the Seahawks’ preseason game against the Vikings
- Larry Stone: Seahawks’ signing of cornerback Tramaine Brock leaves uncomfortable feeling
- Seahawks solidify offensive line by signing center Justin Britt to extension
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 9:31 p.m.
- America still in turmoil a year after Kaepernick’s protest
- Jared Goff, Cooper Kupp shine in Rams 24-21 exhibition win over Raiders
- Paxton Lynch starts, Trevor Siemian throws TD as Broncos beat 49ers 33-14; Kendrick Bourne snags one pass
- Lions handle Christian Hackenberg, beat Jets 16-6; Marks gets first NFL grab
- Jaguars open up QB competition after 12-8 loss to Bucs
UPDATED: Sat., Aug. 12, 2017, 7:45 p.m.
- MLS capsules: Alberth Elis, Vicente Sanchez lift Dynamo past Quakes, into tie for first
- The champs are here: Seattle Sounders making summer surge out West
- Sounders bring back Lamar Neagle from DC United
- Clint Dempsey scores 2 goals, Sounders beat Minnesota United 4-0
- Brian Schmetzer, Sounders express concern over ‘targeting’ of their offensive players
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 8:49 p.m.
- Barcelona forward Luis Suarez out 4 weeks with right knee injury
- Jonathan Lewis scores in stoppage time, NYCFC beats Revolution 2-1
- Neymar shines on PSG debut, says he’s ‘more alive than ever’
- Luis Silva helps Real Salt Lake run unbeaten streak to 6
- Mexico soccer star Marquez among 22 sanctioned for drug ties
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 9:36 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 7 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 10:18 p.m.
UPDATED: Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 10:08 p.m.
- Locally: Lewis and Clark High graduate Michaela Kay transfers to title-winning Oklahoma City University
- Pac-12 volleyball coaches select Washington as favorite
- Local briefs: Football official Tim Davis, softball coaches Carla and Cris Coffield receive honors
- Spokane’s Daniel Roy completes strong meet at swimming’s junior nationals
- Longtime Hoopfest director Rick Steltenpohl breaks out with 3-on-3 management group
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 10:10 p.m.
- LeBron James calls for love, unity before taking swipe at President Donald Trump
- Charles Oakley to play Sunday in Big3 game
- Warriors-Rockets, Cavaliers-Celtics on NBA’s early opening night
- Clippers’ Willie Reed arrested on domestic violence charge
- AP source: Free agent Derrick Rose agrees to deal with Cavaliers
Tue., Aug. 15, 2017, 8:42 p.m.
- Longtime NHL coach, GM Bryan Murray dies at 74 of cancer
- NHL won’t allow players under contract in minors to go to Olympics
- Golden Knights sign D Nate Schmidt to 2-year, $4.45 million deal
- Predators captain Mike Fisher retires after 17 seasons in NHL
- Lightning re-sign Ondrej Palat to $26.5M, 5-year deal
Fri., Aug. 18, 2017, 3:07 p.m.
- Oregon State among U.S. college teams in Barcelona during van attack, players OK
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski undergoes knee replacement surgery
- Final evaluation period brings college basketball coaches, recruits to Las Vegas
- Jontay Porter seems firm on playing basketball for Missouri Tigers this year
- After embarrassing losses, Power 5 basketball teams are avoiding UT Arlington
Mon., July 10, 2017, 7:10 p.m.
- Mike Hopkins inspiring hope among Huskies hoop fans
- Washington Huskies basketball lands second top recruit from New York state
- Huskies’ Markelle Fultz works out for 76ers; trade could be finalized Monday
- Gonzaga alumni game will feature ex-Zags against former Huskies
- Authorities: Former NBA player, UW star Brandon Roy shot, wounded in California
Wed., May 24, 2017, 5:33 p.m.
- Idaho’s Victor Sanders declares for draft, won’t sign with agent
- Trouble at free-throw line leads to postseason loss, end of season for Idaho men
- Vandals men prepare for Texas State with another 20-win season in reach
- Vandals men breeze to victory in first round of CIT
- It’s not the NCAAs, but CIT still valued reward for Vandals
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 8, 2017, 5:02 p.m.
- Former Gonzaga women’s basketball star Courtney Vandersloot won’t slow down
- Gonzaga women sign JC transfer shooting guard Katie Campbell
- Gonzaga’s Kiara Kudron to play on All-Star team for nine-game tour of China
- Success of men’s team source of inspiration for Gonzaga women
- After a championship season, Gonzaga women’s basketball looks for more next year
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 6:53 p.m.
- WNBA capsules: Mystics beat Fever 87-82, clinch playoff berth
- Breanna Stewart scores 22 points, Storm escape with 79-78 win over San Antonio
- WNBA Capsules: Lynx shatter WNBA margin record, blasting Fever 111-52
- Crystal Langhorne’s late basket lifts Storm over Lynx 62-61
- WNBA Capsules: Sparks cruise by Mystics 95-62 for 20th victory
UPDATED: Thu., Aug. 17, 2017, 3:02 p.m.
- Top basketball recruit Roberto Gittens to attend JC, not WSU this fall
- Cougars to open Wooden Legacy with St. Joe’s on Thanksgiving
- WSU’s Ernie Kent adds gem to coaching staff
- WSU basketball coach Ernie Kent welcomes the next generation
- Washington State men’s basketball picks up transfer Drick Bernstine from North Dakota
Fri., July 7, 2017, 9:20 p.m.
- Eastern Washington star Jacob Wiley agrees to sign with Brooklyn Nets
- Hire of Bobby Suarez completes Eastern Washington basketball staff
- Former Eastern Washington basketball star Austin McBroom is a YouTube sensation
- Former EWU star Adris DeLeon returns to Cheney for graduation
- Former Eastern Washington star Jacob Wiley busy ahead of NBA Draft
UPDATED: Wed., Aug. 9, 2017, 1:24 p.m.
Thu., Aug. 17, 2017, 7:25 p.m.
- Roundup of first Greater Spokane League football media day coming Friday
- Coeur d’Alene Lumbermen 17U fall to Wyoming at Class A regionals
- Youth notebook: Spokane Diamonds wins 16U A Western national championship
- Jakobe Ford jumps where no Junior Olympian has gone before
- Shadle Park grad Jakobe Ford completes unprecedented triple at Junior Olympics
Thu., Aug. 17, 2017, 2:48 p.m.
- Kailer Yamamoto signs entry-level deal with Edmonton Oilers
- Kailer Yamamoto with goal, assist helps Team USA beat Team Canada at WJSS
- Kailer Yamamoto picks up pair of helpers at World Junior Summer Showcase
- Spokane Chiefs announce forward Milos Fafrak signs player agreement
- Spokane Chiefs acquire goalie Declan Hobbs from Kootenay
UPDATED: Wed., July 12, 2017, 11:15 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 8:32 a.m.
- John Blanchette: We deserve this sordid Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor spectacle and its rematches
- Matt Calkins: George Fant’s injury deprives Seahawks of potential upswing
- Teddy Greenstein: Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly should stop with the lame excuses
- Grip on Sports: Fant's injury is a cloud without a silver lining
- Grip on Sports: As the days without school dwindle, the days before the first prep football game also shrink
Sat., May 27, 2017, 5 a.m.
Aug. 9, 2017