Most read right now
- Science backs it up: Political divisions are impacting Thanksgiving …
- Mike Leach: Washington State not drawing from ‘extra private reserve’ to find focus, effort for Appl …
- Avista shareholders’ expected approval today of a merger with Hydro One of Canada is a long time com …
- Seahawks’ three takes: Looking for a scapegoat? Try Pete Carroll …
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 6:39 p.m.
- Gonzaga ranked No. 17 in both major polls
- Gonzaga's John Stockton takes his place in College Basketball Hall of Fame
- Tillie points Gonzaga in right direction against Utah State
- Gonzaga passes first test of young season, defeats Aggies 79-66
- John Blanchette: Gonzaga dodges first speed bump of season, overcoming slow start in win over Utah State
Mike Leach: Washington State not drawing from ‘extra private reserve’ to find focus, effort for Apple Cup
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 10:34 p.m.
- First look: Washington State at Washington
- Washington favored to beat Washington State by 10 points in 2017 Apple Cup
- Washington State inactive, but still moves up one spot in Associated Press Top 25
- Washington State, Washington slated for 5 p.m. kickoff in 2017 Apple Cup; game to air on FOX
- Kickoff time for 2017 Apple Cup narrowed down to three time slots
Sat., Nov. 18, 2017, 9:16 p.m.
Sun., Nov. 19, 2017, 6 a.m.
- Central Valley keeps it rolling, routs Skyline 41-0 in 4A quarterfinal
- After beating Selah, West Valley hungry for more
- Adam Weissenfels leads Richland past Gonzaga Prep in 4A quarterfinal
- Liberty, ACH cruise into semifinals
- State soccer: Central Valley’s perfect season ends in State 4A girls championship game defeat
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 1:53 p.m.
- Management of steelhead fishing guides discussed at meetings
- Citizens advise fish, wildlife agency on generating revenue
- Fire ravages Boggan’s Oasis, iconic Grande Ronde River cafe and pit stop
- Elk hunter beats long odds to tag six-point bull
- Points system bittersweet boost to big-game permit drawing odds
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 3:40 p.m.
- Fuzzy math? Eastern FCS snub doesn’t quite add up
- Eastern Washington football fails to make FCS playoff field
- Eastern Washington football fails to make FCS playoff field
- Eastern Washington rolls past Portland State, keeps playoff hopes alive
- Eastern Washington states case, waits to hear playoff field
UPDATED: Sat., Nov. 18, 2017, 8:51 p.m.
- Idaho will have to rely on backup quarterback to keep bowl hopes alive against Coastal Carolina
- Vandals have two weeks to get injured QB Matt Linehan back on field
- Idaho football falls 24-20 at Troy, loses QB Matt Linehan to hand injury
- Idaho linebacker Kaden Elliss leads Vandals on both sides of the ball
- Vandals look to ride momentum into midweek matchup with Troy
Sat., Nov. 18, 2017, 11:18 p.m.
- No. 16 Washington in an unusual spot against Utah
- Washington Huskies turn to Aaron Fuller as key element in passing game
- Huskies’ Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely after arrest
- Washington Huskies’ loss to Stanford reveals several issues to address
- Stanford upsets No. 9 Washington behind Bryce Love’s 166-yard showing
Sat., Nov. 18, 2017, 10:37 p.m.
- Spokane Chiefs struggle again at home, lose 1-0 to Victoria Cougars
- Nolan Reid scores twice as Chiefs rally past Ice
- Kailer Yamamoto’s return leads Chiefs to victory
- After NHL stint, Spokane’s Kailer Yamamoto returns home to play for Chiefs
- Tri-City Americans speak up on hockey’s future at Toyota Center
UPDATED: Wed., Nov. 15, 2017, 9:24 p.m.
- Washington State inks Seattle forward Charles Elleby to letter of intent
- WSU men rally from 22 points down to beat Texas Southern 86-84 in overtime in season opener
- Video: Washington State basketball coach Ernie Kent news conference Nov. 7
- Video: Washington State players Milan Acquaah, Jeff Pollard and Robert Franks post Saint Martin’s
- Video: Washington State coach Ernie Kent post Saint Martin’s
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 4:18 p.m.
- Kris Clyburn, Shakur Juiston lead UNLV over Eastern Washington
- Fresh off big Stanford win, Eastern Washington takes on UNLV
- EWU chat from Nov. 16, the full replay
- Eastern Washington revels - but not too much - in epic win at Stanford
- Former Eastern Washington coach Jim Hayford still keeping tabs on Eagles, Shantay Legans
Sat., Nov. 18, 2017, 10:26 p.m.
UPDATED: Fri., Nov. 17, 2017, 11:39 p.m.
- Rodney Bullock leads Providence to victory over Washington at 2K Classic
- EWU tests Huskies before falling 79-69
- Freshman Jaylen Nowell lights it up as Washington Huskies edge Belmont
- Coach Mike Hopkins ready for debut at rebuilding Washington
- Huskies narrowly beat Saint Martin’s as coach Mike Hopkins era begins
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 10:37 p.m.
- UConn No. 1 still as Louisville moves up to fourth
- Women’s Top 25 capsules: Despite injury, top-ranked UConn routs No. 15 Maryland 97-72
- Top 25 Women’s Capsules: Spann hits 6 3s, No. 4. South Carolina beats Clemson 66-36
- WNBA receives ‘A’ on race and gender report card
- Roundup: Cougars hold off Dons for first win of season
Thu., Nov. 16, 2017, 9:43 p.m.
- Jordan Lester, Ben College carry Whitworth to season-opening win
- NWC honors Whitworth QB Ian Kolste
- Ian Kolste leads Whitworth to rout over winless Willamette in season finale
- Whitworth Pirates give Montana a challenge but Grizzlies prevail in the end
- Whitworth knows never to relax against Willamette in long football rivalry
Sun., Nov. 19, 2017, 5:54 p.m.
- Area roundup: No. 25 Kentucky uses game-ending run to beat WSU women’s basketball team
- Area roundup: Area athletes have strong showing at NCAA cross country meet
- Washington State women’s soccer set to take on Florida in third round of NCAA College Cup
- Area roundup: Idaho loses in Big Sky Conference volleyball tournament semifinal
- Washington State soccer tops Tennessee in penalties to advance in NCAA Championships
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 11:19 p.m.
- Atlanta Falcons edge Seahawks when tying field goal attempt comes up short
- Seahawks’ three takes: Looking for a scapegoat? Try Pete Carroll
- Reconstituted secondary now primary for Seahawks
- Reports: Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor to miss rest of season with neck injury
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has jaw realigned after hit
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 11:07 p.m.
- Ex-NFL receiver Terry Glenn dead after Dallas-area wreck
- NFL Capsules: Tom Brady, Patriots dominate Raiders 33-8 in Mexico City
- Falcons’ Julio Jones still on injury report, likely to play Monday
- Ben Roethlisberger throws 4 TDs, Steelers drill Titans 40-17
- Feud grows between NFL, Cowboys’ Jerry Jones over Goodell
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 7 p.m.
- Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield won’t start home finale after gesture
- K-State’s Bill Snyder: Jim Leavitt turned down offseason job offer
- Baker Mayfield, Saquon Barkley, Bryce Love finalists for Maxwell player of year
- Former Arizona football player to serve 5 years for assault
- UCLA fires football coach Jim Mora late in 6th season
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 10:55 p.m.
- Duke consolidates top spot in Top 25 after Champions Classic
- Top 25 capsules: Miles Bridges sprains ankle in No. 2 MSU’s win over Stony Brook
- Trump says he should have left UCLA players in Chinese jail
- Top 25 Capsules: Trier scores 28, No. 3 Arizona rolls past Cal St-Bakersfield
- Donald Trump urges 3 UCLA players to thank China leader for release
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 10:27 p.m.
- NBA capsules: Lonzo Ball has triple-double, Lakers top Nuggets 127-109
- No. 1 draft pick Markelle Fultz out 2 to 3 more weeks for 76ers
- NBA Capsules: Kyrie Irving, Celtics beat Hawks 110-99 for 15th straight victory
- NBA Capsules: Irving, Brown help Celtics beat Warriors 92-88
- NBA capsules: Hawks rout Kings by team-record 46 points
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 11:09 p.m.
- NHL capsules: William Karlsson scores twice, leads Golden Knights past Kings 4-2
- NHL Capsules: Anders Lee scores 2, Islanders hold on to beat Lightning
- NHL Capsules: Stamkos leads Lightning past Stars, 6-1
- NHL capsules: Artem Anisimov has hat trick, Blackhawks beat Rangers 6-3
- NHL capsules: Sidney Crosby, Conor Sheary lead Penguins past Sabres 5-4 in OT
Wed., Nov. 15, 2017, 11:13 p.m.
- Clint Dempsey scores twice, leads Sounders past Whitecaps 2-0
- In playoff showdown between Seattle and Vancouver, two players have world-crossing connection
- Sounders settle for scoreless draw at Vancouver in first of two-leg playoff series
- Sounders know Whitecaps well approaching Sunday’s playoff game in Vancouver
- Nicolas Lodeiro scores twice, Sounders beat Rapids
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 8:19 p.m.
- Coach Caleb Porter parts ways with Portland Timbers
- US women beat Canada 3-1 in final match of the year
- Washington State wins, Eastern Washington falls in 2OT in Women’s College Cup soccer
- Women’s soccer: Pac-12 honors three Washington State players
- Players to get more power from new FIFA contract rules
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 10:22 a.m.
- Mariners trade for Yankees reliever Nick Rumbelow
- Mariners make trade, raise available money for Japan’s Shohei Otani
- A’s trade DH/INF Ryon Healy to Mariners for Emilio Pagan, minor leaguer
- Mariners’ Nelson Cruz named Silver Slugger at DH
- MLB.com expert predicts Yu Darvish could end up with Mariners
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 11:20 p.m.
- Investigators: Roy Halladay performed turns before crash
- Hall of Fame ballot newcomers: Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Omar Vizquel
- Astros’ Jose Altuve wins AL MVP, Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton earns NL honor
- Commissioner Rob Manfred: MLB pace changes will happen with or without union
- MLB hopes for new Japan posting deal by early December
Sun., Nov. 19, 2017, 6:35 p.m.
- Party time! Dale Earnhardt Jr. throws epic retirement party after finale
- Danica Patrick crashes in final NASCAR race as full-time driver
- Martin Truex Jr. strengthens grip as driver to beat for NASCAR title
- William Byron gives Dale Jr.’s race team Xfinity title
- Danica Patrick to end racing career at next year’s Indy 500
Sun., Nov. 19, 2017, 8:11 p.m.
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 8:36 p.m.
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 10:54 p.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 13, 2017, 11:04 p.m.
- Former Spokane Indians pitcher Chuck Churn dies
- Indians’ ‘redband’ rally for another win – this time off the field
- Spokane Indians fall to Vancouver, eliminated from NWL playoffs
- Vancouver holds off Spokane Indians in Northwest League playoff opener
- Unhealthy air quality forces move of NWL playoff opener from Spokane to Vancouver for entire series
Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 9:43 p.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 20, 2017, 11:19 p.m.
- Norman Chad: Two unheralded athletes deserve some props
- Grip on Sports: Eastern's snub by playoff committee teaches some unwanted lessons
- Grip on Sports: From shocking games to a shocking denial for Eastern, the past 24 hours have been amazing
- Grip on Sports: A couple of key football games and another basketball contest fill up our Saturday
- John Blanchette: There is no shortage of memorable Gonzaga moments for John Stockton as he enters College Basketball Hall of Fame
Nov. 18, 2017