UPDATED: Mon., May 22, 2017, 5:50 p.m.
- Transfer C.J. Bryce interested in GU, leaning toward Carolina schools
- Dustin Triano leaving Gonzaga’s program as a graduate transfer
- John Jakus leaving Gonzaga’s staff to become assistant coach at Baylor
- Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball at the top, Zach Collins at 14; projecting the NBA lottery picks
- Duke transfer Chase Jeter, who visited Gonzaga, picks Arizona
Mon., May 22, 2017, 10:02 p.m.
Mon., May 22, 2017, 9:49 p.m.
- Texas Rangers still face challenges after winning streak
- Brett Gardner, CC Sabathia lead New York Yankees over Tampa Bay Rays
- New 1B Matt Adams keen to help in Atlanta
- Los Angeles Dodgers Hall of Fame manager Tom Lasorda hospitalized
- Baseball capsules: Detroit Tigers snap Texas Rangers’ win streak with 9-3 rout
UPDATED: Mon., May 22, 2017, 5:38 p.m.
- Former WSU QB Ryan Leaf profiled by ESPN’s E:60
- Washington State defensive back Grant Porter honored at Pullman City Council meeting
- Washington State football again dismisses wide receiver Kyrin Priester
- Acquitted of assault, former WSU lineman Robert Barber ‘hoping to get on with his life and into the NFL’
- Assault trial begins for former WSU player Robert Barber
UPDATED: Wed., May 17, 2017, 6:16 p.m.
- EWU initiates process to examine fundraising prospects for athletics facilities
- Spokane entrepreneurs respond to growing number of graduate transfers
- Eastern Washington shines in NCAA Academic Progress Report
- Best, Eastern Washington look back on successful month of spring football
- Brandon Montgomery leads Red to 24-17 win in Eastern Washington spring game
Fri., May 19, 2017, 3:46 p.m.
- Former Idaho punter Austin Rehkow signs as free agent with Buffalo Bills
- Vandals’ top guns dominate spring game
- Getting drafted would be a kick but Idaho’s Austin Rehkow won’t be watching
- Vandals’ Brantley enjoys new perspective
- Idaho Vandals work to improve defensive secondary after bowl-winning season
Fri., April 28, 2017, 11:28 p.m.
- Washington’s Chris Petersen signs extension through 2023
- UW’s Sean Constantine hoping to make it through final season injury free
- Washington Huskies football opens spring practice
- Washington’s Sidney Jones injures left leg in workouts
- Washington QB Jake Browning expected to be ready for spring after minor surgery
UPDATED: Sun., May 21, 2017, 10:06 p.m.
Sun., May 21, 2017, 6:01 a.m.
- Idaho spring chinook fishery to close Wednesday because of weak run
- Blackfeet Tribe restricts boats on reservation fishing lakes because of invasives
- Montana requires anglers to buy Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Pass
- Anglers put the bite on Columbia River bass
- Disabled vet offers peers therapy through fishing
Sat., May 20, 2017, 4:09 p.m.
- Hank Weaver, who was oldest living former Spokane Indians player, dies at 95
- Matt Hagen replaces Tim Hulett as Spokane Indians manager
- 100 years ago in Spokane: Police called to break up near riot at Indians game after umpire punches manager
- Ex-Spokane Indians ace Jackie Brown dies after long illness
- World Baseball Classic final features three former Spokane Indians
Wed., May 17, 2017, 4:01 p.m.
- Arizona Rattlers run past Spokane Empire, 49-35
- Different league, same big-game feel for Spokane Empire, Arizona Rattlers
- Spokane Empire’s Nick Haag earns shot with NFL’s New York Giants
- Spokane Empire can’t keep up in loss to defending IFL champ Sioux Falls
- Spokane Empire clash with Storm for first time since United Bowl 2016
Sun., May 21, 2017, 7:37 p.m.
- Harry Shipp’s first-half goal enough as Sounders beat RSL, 1-0
- Brad Evans says Sounders face ‘must win’ against Real Salt Lake
- Fernandes scores 3 goals, Sporting KC beats Sounders 3-0
- MLS Capsules: Maund scores go-ahead goal in 51st, Real Salt Lake beats NYC
- Around MLS: 2 recent incidents spotlight MLS concussion protocol
UPDATED: Mon., May 22, 2017, 11:43 p.m.
- Matt Calkins: Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Seahawks’ Twitter mailbag: Eddie Lacy’s incentives, Seattle backup QB options
- Momentum building linking Colin Kaepernick and the Seahawks
- Colin Kaepernick vs. RGIII: Who would you rather have on the Seahawks?
- Could Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III be an option for Seahawks? Pete Carroll says maybe
Sun., May 21, 2017, 10:02 p.m.
- Former University of Idaho, Detroit Lions football player Wayne Walker dies at 80
- Agent: Tom Brady didn’t have concussion last season
- Top dollar: Browns sign Myles Garrett, 1st overall pick
- Buccaneers sign Ryan Fitzpatrick as Jameis Winston’s backup
- Stadium for Rams, Chargers delayed; won’t open until 2020
Mon., May 22, 2017, 10:53 p.m.
- Column: NBA short on drama, but long on conspiracy theories
- ‘He’s human’: Cavaliers coach defends LeBron James after ‘weird’ loss
- Death threats may prompt NBA’s Enes Kanter to become U.S. citizen
- Avery Bradley sinks winning shot as Celtics rally past Cavs 111-108
- Warriors look to sweep undermanned Spurs
UPDATED: Mon., May 22, 2017, 10:49 p.m.
- Pittsburgh Penguins crush Ottawa Senators 7-0 to take 3-2 lead
- Pontus Aberg’s goal puts Predators past Ducks 3-1 in Game 5
- Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf fined for apparent homophobic slur
- Predators face Ducks in Game 5 without star C Ryan Johansen
- Sidney Crosby, Penguins beat Senators 3-2 to tie series
Mon., May 22, 2017, 9:30 p.m.
- Scott Dixon takes 3rd Indy pole with fastest speeds in 21 years
- Ron Capps races to 4th consecutive NHRA Funny Car victory
- Kyle Busch scores $1 million with All-Star race victory
- Ed Carpenter takes top spot in crash-marred Indy 500 qualifying
- Sebastien Bourdais fractures pelvis, hip during Indy qualifying crash
Mon., May 22, 2017, 10:54 p.m.
- Billy Horschel’s wife Brittany opens up on battle with alcoholism
- Forecast: Germany to top medal table at 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics
- Arizona State’s Monica Vaughn rallies to win NCAA women’s golf title
- Soccer roundup: Real Madrid wins to secure La Liga crown
- Sweden tops Canada on penalties to win hockey world championship
Mon., May 22, 2017, 9:53 p.m.
- GU’s WCC baseball title worth the wait for Wyatt Mills
- Area roundup: Top-ranked Oregon State sets Pac-12 mark in sweeping series from Washington State
- Gonzaga baseball sweeps BYU, takes top seed in WCC tournament
- Area roundup: North Idaho softball bounced from NWAC tourney
- Local briefs: Linda Lanker named head coach for women’s Pan American Junior team
Mon., May 22, 2017, 8 p.m.
Wed., May 3, 2017, 10:10 a.m.
- Ex-Huskies coach Lorenzo Romar lands assistant job at Arizona
- Washington hires Dave Rice as assistant basketball coach
- Washington Huskies release national player of year Michael Porter Jr. from his basketball commitment
- Mike Hopkins heads out on his own as new men’s basketball coach at Washington
- New Huskies men’s basketball coach Mike Hopkins revealed insights in 2015 interview
Fri., April 21, 2017, 8:11 p.m.
- Trouble at free-throw line leads to postseason loss, end of season for Idaho men
- Vandals men prepare for Texas State with another 20-win season in reach
- Vandals men breeze to victory in first round of CIT
- It’s not the NCAAs, but CIT still valued reward for Vandals
- Idaho edged by North Dakota in Big Sky semifinals
UPDATED: Thu., May 18, 2017, 4:01 p.m.
- Gonzaga’s Kiara Kudron to play on All-Star team for nine-game tour of China
- Success of men’s team source of inspiration for Gonzaga women
- After a championship season, Gonzaga women’s basketball looks for more next year
- Gonzaga women ready to get back at it despite NCAA loss
- Oklahoma holds off Gonzaga women in NCAAs, 75-62
Sun., May 21, 2017, 6:48 p.m.
UPDATED: Tue., May 2, 2017, 5:15 p.m.
- Ernie Kent hires Ed Haskins as new WSU assistant coach
- LaVar Ball’s former Washington State teammates take his wild comments in stride
- Colorado eliminates Washington State at Pac-12 men’s tournament when Cougars can’t hold big lead
- WSU basketball looking for first Pac-12 Tourney win in 8 years
- Washington State’s Josh Hawkinson and Malachi Flynn get All-Pac-12 honors
Tue., May 16, 2017, 5:52 p.m.
- Former Eastern Washington star Jacob Wiley making an impression with NBA scouts
- Eastern Washington signs 6-foot-8 forward from California
- Shantay Legans finds basketball success at Eastern Washington with hard work, winning personality
- Chris Victor follows Jim Hayford to become assistant coach with Seattle University basketball
- Shantay Legans introduced as new Eastern Washington men’s basketball coach
UPDATED: Fri., March 3, 2017, 11:31 p.m.
UPDATED: Mon., May 1, 2017, 11:15 p.m.
- WHL: Kolesar leads Thunderbirds past Pats 6-1; series tied 2-2
- WHL: Brown lifts Pats over Thunderbirds 3-2; Regina leads championship final 2-1
- WHL: Josh Mahura leads Pats past Thunderbirds 4-3 in overtime; series tied 1-1
- WHL: Donovan Neuls OT hero as Thunderbirds top Pats in Game 1 of Ed Chynoweth Cup
- Spokane Chiefs take center Jack Finley, goalie Campbell Arnold in opening rounds of WHL Bantam Draft
UPDATED: Tue., May 23, 2017, 8:27 a.m.
- All in the family for G-Prep boys at state golf tournament
- Eagle edges Lake City for Idaho 5A state softball championship
- Postseason track: Lewis and Clark girls, Ferris boys win 4A Regional titles
- State prep baseball roundup: Freeman beats Connell, advances to 1A semifinal
- State prep softball roundup: Richland eliminates University in 4A regionals
Tue., May 23, 2017, 8:18 a.m.
- Norman Chad: Covering sports isn’t all it’s cracked up to be
- Grip on Sports: It's too bad we can't start the M's season over
- Grip on Sports: A blowout wasn't what the Mariners needed
- John Blanchette: Maybe Mariners marketing folks could figure out how to promote good health
- Golf with Jim Meehan: Award helps Kathy Gildersleeve-Jensen expand influence in industry