Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 10:40 p.m.
- Brothers Ismel Lopez, Luis Lopez get rare opportunity with Spokane Indians
- Spokane Indians win pitching duel, Thompson sharp in shutout
- Dust Devils score three in eighth to beat Spokane Indians 5-3
- Owen Spiwak’s grand slam boosts Vancouver past Spokane Indians to complete series
- Spokane Indians reliever Joe Kuzia took the independent road to the Northwest League
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 6:18 p.m.
- Nigel Williams-Goss’ camp a record-setting success at HUB
- Volkar Center stands out as game-changer for Gonzaga athletics
- Former Gonzaga big Kyle Wiltjer signs with Toronto Raptors
- Illinois State transfer Deontae Hawkins re-commits to Boston College
- Gonzaga’s Corey Kispert ready to go after calculated recovery
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 9:55 p.m.
- On the Farm: Mariners minor league affiliate report for Aug. 21
- Mariners hold off Braves as Albers picks up second win
- Mariners Pregame: Andrew Albers’ second start; lineups and starters against Atlanta Braves
- Seattle native Blake Snell shuts down M’s in Rays 3-0 win
- Vince Grippi: With 100 RBIs, Nelson Cruz is our statistical favorite
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 10:40 p.m.
Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 9:29 p.m.
- Washington State’s Cody O’Connell earns preseason All-America nod from Associated Press
- Washington State’s Hercules Mata’afa, Idaho’s Aikeem Coleman named to Ted Hendricks Award watch list
- All-camp team: 5 Washington State football players who made the biggest impact during fall camp
- Washington State football ranked No. 24 in preseason AP poll
- Taylor, Washington State hoping for better start to 2017 season
Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 6:36 p.m.
- Hype continues to grow for Los Angeles Rams rookie Cooper Kupp
- Eastern Washington players stay focused during eclipse
- Defense dominates Eastern Washington scrimmage
- Eastern Washington’s defense plans to keep pressure on opposing quarterbacks
- Eastern Washington starting offensive tackle Nick Ellison leaves program for personal reasons
Sat., Aug. 19, 2017, 6:23 p.m.
- Idaho Vandals defense totals four interceptions in final scrimmage of camp
- Idaho Vandals set serious tone during workout before final football scrimmage
- Matt Linehan returns in fine form in Idaho Vandals’ first scrimmage
- Check this out: Vandals’ Ed Hall finds success on and off the field
- Jerry Campbell, football star at LC, Idaho and the CFL, dead at 73
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 6:38 p.m.
- Huskies work to bring out defensive lineman Levi Onwuzurike’s potential
- Washington Huskies linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven has resume, but not much playing time
- Washington Huskies defense continues to rock in first days of camp
- Washington Huskies feel there’s no need to worry about their defense
- Here’s five Washington Huskies ready for a breakout season
Mon., Aug. 21, 2017, 8:07 p.m.
- Teddy Greenstein: Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly should stop with the lame excuses
- ESPN to tell 150-year history of college football during ‘19
- Former Arkansas coach, AD Frank Broyles dies at 92
- Mike Tirico to be play-by-play announcer for Notre Dame on NBC
- K-State’s Bill Snyder back on the sidelines for another year
Wed., Aug. 23, 2017, 8:01 a.m.
- Roskelley, Helander in Sandpoint to detail first ascent of Alaska's Huntington Ridge
- Most-endangered national monuments listed as Zinke ends review
- Riverkeeper fundraiser supports Spokane River stewardship
- Montana drops fishing restrictions for Missoula-area waters
- Eclipse-assisted tides unleash net pen Atlantic salmon into Bellingham Bay
‘Process’ on knee completed, Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wright is back and promises to be ready for season
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 8:58 p.m.
- Seahawks trade with Eagles to acquire offensive lineman Matt Tobin
- Seahawks reportedly sign free-agent offensive lineman Tyrus Thompson
- Matt Calkins: George Fant’s injury deprives Seahawks of potential upswing
- Seahawks lose starting left tackle George Fant during exhibition win over Minnesota
- Answering 3 pressing questions heading into the Seahawks’ preseason game against the Vikings
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 1:34 p.m.
- Hype continues to grow for Los Angeles Rams rookie Cooper Kupp
- Cardinals activate linebacker Deone Bucannon from PUP list
- Political football: Patriots gave Trump a Super Bowl ring
- Steelers holdout Le’Veon Bell hints at Sept. 1 return in Tweet
- AP source: NFL, Goodell working on 5-year contract extension
UPDATED: Sat., Aug. 12, 2017, 7:45 p.m.
- MLS capsules: Alberth Elis, Vicente Sanchez lift Dynamo past Quakes, into tie for first
- The champs are here: Seattle Sounders making summer surge out West
- Sounders bring back Lamar Neagle from DC United
- Clint Dempsey scores 2 goals, Sounders beat Minnesota United 4-0
- Brian Schmetzer, Sounders express concern over ‘targeting’ of their offensive players
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 8:49 p.m.
- Barcelona forward Luis Suarez out 4 weeks with right knee injury
- Jonathan Lewis scores in stoppage time, NYCFC beats Revolution 2-1
- Neymar shines on PSG debut, says he’s ‘more alive than ever’
- Luis Silva helps Real Salt Lake run unbeaten streak to 6
- Mexico soccer star Marquez among 22 sanctioned for drug ties
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 9:36 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 20, 2017, 7 p.m.
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 8:18 p.m.
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 8:16 p.m.
- Area college roundup: Gonzaga women’s soccer continues strong start to season
- Locally: Lewis and Clark High graduate Michaela Kay transfers to title-winning Oklahoma City University
- Pac-12 volleyball coaches select Washington as favorite
- Local briefs: Football official Tim Davis, softball coaches Carla and Cris Coffield receive honors
- Spokane’s Daniel Roy completes strong meet at swimming’s junior nationals
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 9:06 p.m.
- NBA investigating Lakers amid Paul George tampering allegation
- LeBron James calls for love, unity before taking swipe at President Donald Trump
- Charles Oakley to play Sunday in Big3 game
- Warriors-Rockets, Cavaliers-Celtics on NBA’s early opening night
- Clippers’ Willie Reed arrested on domestic violence charge
Mon., Aug. 21, 2017, 11:03 p.m.
- NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights visit area on promotional tour
- Longtime NHL coach, GM Bryan Murray dies at 74 of cancer
- NHL won’t allow players under contract in minors to go to Olympics
- Golden Knights sign D Nate Schmidt to 2-year, $4.45 million deal
- Predators captain Mike Fisher retires after 17 seasons in NHL
Fri., Aug. 18, 2017, 3:07 p.m.
- Oregon State among U.S. college teams in Barcelona during van attack, players OK
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski undergoes knee replacement surgery
- Final evaluation period brings college basketball coaches, recruits to Las Vegas
- Jontay Porter seems firm on playing basketball for Missouri Tigers this year
- After embarrassing losses, Power 5 basketball teams are avoiding UT Arlington
Mon., July 10, 2017, 7:10 p.m.
- Mike Hopkins inspiring hope among Huskies hoop fans
- Washington Huskies basketball lands second top recruit from New York state
- Huskies’ Markelle Fultz works out for 76ers; trade could be finalized Monday
- Gonzaga alumni game will feature ex-Zags against former Huskies
- Authorities: Former NBA player, UW star Brandon Roy shot, wounded in California
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 4:09 p.m.
- Idaho’s Victor Sanders returns for senior season
- Idaho’s Victor Sanders declares for draft, won’t sign with agent
- Trouble at free-throw line leads to postseason loss, end of season for Idaho men
- Vandals men prepare for Texas State with another 20-win season in reach
- Vandals men breeze to victory in first round of CIT
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 8, 2017, 5:02 p.m.
- Former Gonzaga women’s basketball star Courtney Vandersloot won’t slow down
- Gonzaga women sign JC transfer shooting guard Katie Campbell
- Gonzaga’s Kiara Kudron to play on All-Star team for nine-game tour of China
- Success of men’s team source of inspiration for Gonzaga women
- After a championship season, Gonzaga women’s basketball looks for more next year
Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 9:58 p.m.
- Former Lewis and Clark star Briann January out for rest of WNBA season
- Breanna Stewart leads Storm to 103-66 win over Sky
- WNBA capsules: Mystics beat Fever 87-82, clinch playoff berth
- Breanna Stewart scores 22 points, Storm escape with 79-78 win over San Antonio
- WNBA Capsules: Lynx shatter WNBA margin record, blasting Fever 111-52
UPDATED: Thu., Aug. 17, 2017, 3:02 p.m.
- Top basketball recruit Roberto Gittens to attend JC, not WSU this fall
- Cougars to open Wooden Legacy with St. Joe’s on Thanksgiving
- WSU’s Ernie Kent adds gem to coaching staff
- WSU basketball coach Ernie Kent welcomes the next generation
- Washington State men’s basketball picks up transfer Drick Bernstine from North Dakota
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 4:09 p.m.
- Former Eastern Washington star Tyler Harvey takes his game to the Riviera
- Eastern Washington lands hoops transfer Steven Beo out of BYU
- Eastern Washington star Jacob Wiley agrees to sign with Brooklyn Nets
- Hire of Bobby Suarez completes Eastern Washington basketball staff
- Former Eastern Washington basketball star Austin McBroom is a YouTube sensation
UPDATED: Wed., Aug. 9, 2017, 1:24 p.m.
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 8:32 p.m.
- Lake City baseball standout Kyle Manzardo North Carolina-bound
- GSL Media Day: Sans blocking sled, Greg Lee takes tour of GSL football teams
- Roundup of first Greater Spokane League football media day coming Friday
- Coeur d’Alene Lumbermen 17U fall to Wyoming at Class A regionals
- Youth notebook: Spokane Diamonds wins 16U A Western national championship
Tue., Aug. 22, 2017, 5:48 p.m.
- Spokane Chiefs prospects added to Team Saskatchewan U16 camp roster
- Kailer Yamamoto signs entry-level deal with Edmonton Oilers
- Kailer Yamamoto with goal, assist helps Team USA beat Team Canada at WJSS
- Kailer Yamamoto picks up pair of helpers at World Junior Summer Showcase
- Spokane Chiefs announce forward Milos Fafrak signs player agreement
UPDATED: Wed., July 12, 2017, 11:15 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 23, 2017, 8:44 a.m.
- Grip on Sports: As long as the M's starters seek revenge, the road trip should be just fine
- Norman Chad: Floyd “Money” Mayweather shouldn’t be allowed to box
- Grip on Sports: The last time an eclipse like this happened, the Sonics won an NBA title. Maybe this will be the M's year?
- Grip on Sports: Take some time on this pre-NFL Sunday to experience other sports
- John Blanchette: We deserve this sordid Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor spectacle and its rematches
Sat., May 27, 2017, 5 a.m.
Aug. 22, 2017