Most read right now
UPDATED: Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 5:48 p.m.
- Gonzaga remains No. 12 in AP poll, Villanova new No. 1
- Analysis: Johnathan Williams, Gonzaga light up Washington’s zone
- John Blanchette: Huskies on the rise again, but Gonzaga still the state’s top dog
- Gonzaga-Washington: 3 keys to the Bulldogs’ 97-70 win
- TV Take: While Washington dominated the broadcast, Gonzaga dominated the game
UPDATED: Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 7:56 p.m.
- Washington State’s Hercules Mata’afa named first team Associated Press All-American
- Video: Washington State cornerback Marcellus Pippins post practice Dec. 10
- Video: Washington State outside receiver Tay Martin post practice Dec. 10
- Video: Washington State coach Mike Leach post practice Dec. 10
- Mike Leach: Tavares Martin Jr. ‘cut’ from Washington State football program prior to asking for release
Sat., Dec. 9, 2017, 6:44 p.m.
- Gonzaga women hang tough against Washington State after Jill Barta’s ankle injury
- Washington State, Gonzaga women approach rivalry game with multiple goals
- Gonzaga women turn 21-point run, dominance in paint into win over Portland State
- Gonzaga women turn up pressure to ease past Eastern Washington
- Gonzaga, Eastern Washington women work out kinks before Thursday’s matchup
Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 6:09 a.m.
- Boys basketball roundup: Spencer Barrera’s 17 points leads Mt. Spokane over Central Valley
- Girls basketball roundup: Sydney Abbott’s 16 points helps Davenport over St. George’s
- Lewis and Clark’s Katie Thronson places 19th at Foot Locker nationals
- Morning prep roundup: Jake Groves scored 26 points and Shadle Park topped Kellogg
- Girls basketball roundup: Quincy McDeid scores 20 and North Central beats Coeur d’Alene
Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 6 a.m.
- Reward for wolf poacher raised to $20,000
- Winter camping proves good way to reset internal clock, study finds
- Schweitzer hosts annual Community Days with sales from discounted tickets going to cancer care
- Drone to be used to document moose in northeast Washington
- Poachers kill two wolves in northeast Washington, at least one in Stevens County
UPDATED: Thu., Nov. 23, 2017, 7:15 p.m.
- Eastern Washington’s Bo Levi Mitchell continues winning ways in CFL
- Gubrud, league-leading Eastern Washington offense snubbed in All-Big Sky balloting
- ‘It’s a gut punch,’ Eastern Washington AD says of FCS snub
- Fuzzy math? Eastern FCS snub doesn’t quite add up
- Eastern Washington football fails to make FCS playoff field
Sat., Dec. 9, 2017, 6:18 p.m.
- Idaho lands three football players on All-Sun Belt Conference first team
- Aaron Duckworth reaches 1,000 yards as Idaho Vandals wrap up season, FBS tenure with a win
- Idaho Vandals head to Georgia for final game as FBS member
- Aaron Duckworth nears milestone as Vandals look to end season on high note
- Early turnovers put Idaho Vandals in hole as they lose 17-10 to New Mexico State
Sun., Dec. 3, 2017, 4:14 p.m.
- Washington State sees Pac-12 title hopes disappear in Apple Cup loss to Washington
- Huskies put defensive clamps on Luke Falk, Washington State again
- Former Washington star Nate Robinson stresses Apple Cup’s importance to current Huskies
- Purple Haze: Washington routs Washington State 41-14
- Injury riddled Huskies put hurt on Washington State defense
Sat., Dec. 9, 2017, 11:17 p.m.
- Spokane Chiefs shut out by Everett Silvertips’ Carter Hart
- Chiefs’ Kailer Yamamoto invited to Team USA’s selection camp
- Ty Smith’s overtime goal lifts Spokane Chiefs past Tri-City
- Chiefs can’t find scoring touch in 4-2 loss to Kelowna
- Bounces go their way as Spokane Chiefs dash past Saskatoon Blades
Sat., Dec. 9, 2017, 9:27 p.m.
- Brayon Blake’s 26 points lead hot-shooting Idaho past Washington State for third-largest win in Battle of Palouse
- Washington State, Idaho bring contrasting styles, winning records into 273rd Battle of the Palouse
- Video: Washington State coach Ernie Kent post UC Davis
- Video: Washington State guard Malachi Flynn and forward Robert Franks post UC Davis
- Robert Franks pours in career-high 32 points, but sluggish start dooms Washington State in first loss of season
Fri., Dec. 8, 2017, 4:18 p.m.
- San Francisco holds off Eastern Washington’s men with late free throws
- Eastern Washington men focus on bouncing back after emotional defeat in Seattle
- Hayford’s Redhawks beat EWU 84-65
- Eastern Washington basketball re-energized ahead of game against Seattle, former coach
- Utah routs Eastern Washington, continues dominance of Big Sky teams
UPDATED: Sat., Dec. 9, 2017, 10 p.m.
- Brayon Blake’s 26 points lead hot-shooting Idaho past Washington State for third-largest win in Battle of Palouse
- Brayon Blake’s 23 points, 14 rebounds lift Idaho over Nicholls State
- Idaho Vandals claim third place at Great Alaska Shootout
- Victor Sanders, tough defense lead Idaho to men’s basketball win
- Vandals roll in second half, defeat George Fox 101-62
UPDATED: Fri., Dec. 8, 2017, 5:09 p.m.
- Matisse Thybulle’s long-range shooting helps Washington upset No. 2 Kansas
- Crisp, Dickerson pace Washington past Omaha, 86-73
- Noah Dickerson scores 24 points to pace Washington past Kennesaw State
- Jaylen Nowell’s 25 points lead Washington over upset-minded Seattle
- Virginia Tech beats Washington 103-79 in 2K Classic
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 10:33 p.m.
- new Women’s Top 25: No. 15 Maryland women beat Loyola (Md) 114-45
- Women’s Top 25 capsules: No. 11 Lady Vols top No. 2 Texas 82-75 to stay unbeaten
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: Arike Ogunbowale has 20 points, No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Penn
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: Geno Auriemma gets 999th win, No. 1 UConn dominates DePaul 103-69
- Women’s Top 25 Capsules: Durr, No. 4 Louisville shut down Vanderbilt 79-57
Thu., Nov. 30, 2017, 5:45 p.m.
- Whitworth’s Chloe Quinnett sticks to the family business
- Jordan Lester, Ben College carry Whitworth to season-opening win
- NWC honors Whitworth QB Ian Kolste
- Ian Kolste leads Whitworth to rout over winless Willamette in season finale
- Whitworth Pirates give Montana a challenge but Grizzlies prevail in the end
UPDATED: Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 7:55 p.m.
- Area roundup: Community Colleges of Spokane men advance to title game
- Locally: Larry Weir calls 1,000th game for EWU
- Area college basketball: Eastern Washington women roll to big win during popular Kid’s Day
- Area roundup: Hot-shooting Boise State rolls past Washington in women’s basketball
- Jessica Olson, Shania Graham lead Community Colleges of Spokane women to victory
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 7:46 p.m.
- Commentary: Calling Seahawks ‘sore losers’ doesn’t even begin to describe this team
- Three takes: Behind a flurry of mistakes, Seahawks take a step back with loss to Jaguars
- Interceptions, injuries cost Seahawks in 30-24 loss to Jaguars
- If Russell Wilson doesn’t deliver, these Seahawks have no chance
- Russell Wilson can bolster MVP candidacy as Seahawks begin closing stretch at Jacksonville
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 9:30 p.m.
- Eagles confirm quarterback Carson Wentz is out for the season with a torn ACL
- new Soon you can watch the NFL free on your phone on Yahoo
- Rough day for QBs: Carson Wentz, Tom Savage, Josh McCown, Nathan Peterman hurt
- Deion Jones makes game-saving interception, Falcons beats Saints 20-17
- Steelers’ Ryan Shazier undergoes spinal stabilization surgery
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 5:14 p.m.
- Norman Chad: Enough is enough talk about college football payoff selections
- new AP Source: SMU to hire former Cal coach Sonny Dykes
- Iowa’s Josey Jewell wins Lott IMPACT Trophy
- Field goal try wide on final play, Army holds off Navy 14-13
- Walk-on to Heisman: Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield wins in landslide
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 10:29 p.m.
- How we voted: Kansas drops, Arizona State on the rise after upset in Lawrence
- Top 25 capsules: No. 16 Arizona State upsets No. 2 Kansas in Lawrence
- Top 25 Capsules: Boston College rocks No. 1 Duke 89-84; Blue Devils’ 1st loss
- Top 25 Capsules: No. 16 Arizona State holds off St. John’s 82-70
- Top 25 Capsules: Thybulle scores 19 as Washington stuns No. 2 Kansas, 74-65
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 10:58 p.m.
- new Matt Barnes retires from NBA at 37, saying he did it his way
- NBA capsules: Victor Oladipo scores career-high 47, Pacers top Nuggets in OT
- NBA Capsules: James Harden scores 48 points, Rockets win 9th in row
- NBA Capsules: Victor Oladipo, Pacers end Cavaliers’ 13-game winning streak
- NBA Capsules: Brandon Ingram hits 3-pointer to lift Lakers over 76ers
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 10:13 p.m.
- NHL capsules: Corey Crawford makes 31 saves, Blackhawks beat Coyotes 3-1
- NHL Capsules: Tyler Bozak scores twice, Maple Leafs jump Pens early in 4-3 win
- NHL Capsules: Artemi Panarin sets up 5 goals, Blue Jackets beat Devils 5-3
- NHL allows Seattle to pursue expansion team
- Gary Bettman says NHL will consider Seattle expansion bid
UPDATED: Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 4:22 p.m.
- Jozy Altidore leads Toronto past Sounders 2-0 for first MLS Cup title
- Seattle Sounders set to face Toronto FC in MLS Cup Final
- Sounders have rare chance to repeat as MLS champions
- Could Sounders enter ‘dynasty’ conversation if they win MLS Cup?
- Sounders’ Stefan Frei returns to site of his famous moment
Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 6:46 p.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 6:08 p.m.
- Mariners claim outfielder Perkins from Phillies
- Commentary: Big-money signings, big-name trades? Welcome to baseball’s winter meetings
- After losing out on Shohei Ohtani, this is who Jerry Dipoto, M’s could target next
- The Mariners’ quest falls short: Shohei Ohtani signs with the Angels
- Japanese pitcher-hitter Shohei Ohtani chooses Angels over Mariners
UPDATED: Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 7:29 p.m.
- AP sources: Yankees set to reel in MVP Giancarlo Stanton from Marlins
- Aaron Boone knows he’s a rookie who has to prove himself to Yanks
- San Francisco general manager Bobby Evans says Giants have parameters of potential Giancarlo Stanton trade
- Proposed site for A’s ballpark falls through
- Rangers complete $28M deal with Mike Minor, meet with Shoehi Ohtani
Tue., Nov. 28, 2017, 3:27 p.m.
- Martin Truex Jr. caps career season with 1st NASCAR title
- Party time! Dale Earnhardt Jr. throws epic retirement party after finale
- Danica Patrick crashes in final NASCAR race as full-time driver
- Martin Truex Jr. strengthens grip as driver to beat for NASCAR title
- William Byron gives Dale Jr.’s race team Xfinity title
Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 8:40 p.m.
- Graeme McDowell and Shane Lowry tie Steve Stricker and Sean O’Hair for Shootout lead
- Column: PGA Tour gets a new version of Tigermania
- Morgan Hoffmann says he’s playing PGA Tour with muscular dystrophy
- Rickie Fowler rallies with 61 to win in Tiger Woods’ return
- Charley Hoffman builds 5-shot lead as Woods fades in Bahamas
Sun., Dec. 10, 2017, 7:13 p.m.
- Marcel Hirscher comes from behind to win World Cup slalom
- Vasyl Lomachenko stops Guillermo Rigondeaux to win match of Olympic greats
- Russian teenager Alina Zagitova wins Grand Prix Final
- Lindsey Vonn treated for back injury after World Cup super-G
- Alexis Pinturault beats Stefan Luitz, Marcel Hirscher for 20th career World Cup win
UPDATED: Tue., Dec. 5, 2017, 2:01 p.m.
UPDATED: Mon., Nov. 13, 2017, 11:04 p.m.
- Former Spokane Indians pitcher Chuck Churn dies
- Indians’ ‘redband’ rally for another win – this time off the field
- Spokane Indians fall to Vancouver, eliminated from NWL playoffs
- Vancouver holds off Spokane Indians in Northwest League playoff opener
- Unhealthy air quality forces move of NWL playoff opener from Spokane to Vancouver for entire series
UPDATED: Tue., Nov. 21, 2017, 6:52 p.m.
Mon., Dec. 11, 2017, 8:50 a.m.
- Grip on Sports: From about 1 p.m. on today, there are hours and hours of important games to watch – if you can
- Grip on Sports: It's time to pick a side in this football rivalry
- Grip on Sports: One Christmas present is opened by the Mariners already, will another be coming soon?
- Grip on Sports: As winter sports begin to snow us under, we have an out-of-the-box solution
- Dave Nichols: Here’s a little (more) love for Liberty
Dec. 9, 2017