Authorities briefly evacuated a South Hill Zip Trip station Wednesday afternoon after about 100 gallons of gasoline spilled.
The gasoline spilled while a worker was unloading fuel from a truck at 57th and Regal about 3 p.m., said Capt. Jerry McCory of Fire District 8.
While unloading the fuel into an underground tank, the worker moved the truck and the hose came loose, McCory said.
Crews from Fire District 8 and the City/County Haz-Mat Unit responded and evacuated the Zip Trip for about five minutes, he said.
Once authorities determined that the spill posed no danger, people were allowed back into the station. Workers cleaned up the gas by about 4:15 p.m.
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.