February 5, 1995 in Idaho

Tax-Increment Financing


What it is: An incentive to bring business to a community that might move elsewhere.

What it pays for: Public infrastructure needed for a development - sewer, water, utilities and streets.

How it works

1. City urban renewal agency declares an area eligible for tax-increment assistance.

2. Developer submits project proposal. Urban renewal agancy authorizes sale of bonds.

3. Developer or city builds streets, sidewalks and other infrastructure. Bonds sold to private investors. xxxx “Tax-increment financing put to Post Falls voters.”

Get stories like this in a free daily email

Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus