As both Israeli and Palestinian security forces rounded up Islamic militants in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the Israeli police said Wednesday that it has confirmed that two Gazans carried out the suicide bombing this week that killed 19 Israelis and wounded 65 others.
Until now, authorities had said they could not tell from badly mutilated body parts if more than one bomber was involved, as announced by Islamic Holy War, the group taking responsibility.
But Israeli forensic experts confirmed the identities of two men from Gaza in their 20s, Anwar Sukar and Salah Shaker, as had been asserted by the radical group.
The police said there were two explosions several minutes apart, the second one killing people who had gone to help victims of the first.
In Gaza, Palestinian police officers said that in the last two days they have arrested more than 20 Islamic Holy War militants.
Click here to comment on this story »