Nation/World


Mouse Head In Chili, Woman Says

A 22-year-old New York City woman filed a $50 million lawsuit in state Supreme Court on Tuesday claiming she choked on the head of a mouse in a bowl of chili she ate at a Wendy’s restaurant.

Wendy’s spokesman Denny Lynch said the company believes the claim is “without merit.”

Tamara Tindall ordered the chili in Queens last Thursday, said her attorney, Jerrold Parker. While eating, she choked, and when the object in her throat became dislodged, it turned out to be the head of a mouse, he said. During the incident, Tindall fell backward in her chair, injuring her head, her lawyer said.

According to Parker, the manager told Tindall it was only a piece of chicken.

“Since when does a piece of chicken have eyes and ears and a nose like that?” Tindall’s boyfriend, 22-year-old Larry Crawford, responded, Parker said.

The manager then tried to take the mouse head, Parker said, but paramedics arrived and took Tindall and the rodent part to a hospital, Parker said.

She was treated and released, and the mouse head was placed in formaldehyde at the hospital and is now in Tindall’s possession, her lawyer said.

Lynch said that the remaining chili was tested and contained nothing unusual.


 

Click here to comment on this story »




Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile