Nation/World


Children Made Ill By Carbon Monoxide Leak

A carbon monoxide leak at a child care center sickened at least 44 children and 11 adults Thursday. No serious injuries were reported.

“We had a broken vent pipe from one of our furnaces, and what it did was, it leaked into the building,” said Hudson Walls Jr., owner of the Leaping Lizards Learning Center. “It might have been the storms we’ve had, or a kid might have bumped into it.”

Walls said the fire department was called after a couple of teachers began feeling queasy. Fifty-five people were taken to the hospital.



Click here to comment on this story »




Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile