Local news


Cigarette Blamed For Deadly Blaze

A cigarette apparently ignited a mobile home fire that killed a man who lived alone, investigators said Monday.

The cigarette Floyd Johnson had been smoking Sunday apparently ignited furniture in the Spokane Valley home, fire officials said.

Neighbors who spotted the flames broke into the home and tried to extinguish the blaze. After the flames died down, the neighbors found Johnson’s body.

Johnson, 68, apparently lost consciousness as smoke filled the structure, investigators said.

, DataTimes



Click here to comment on this story »




Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile