March 1, 1996 in Nation/World

Simpson Civil Trial Pushed Back

Compiled From Wire Services
 
Tags:briefly

The trial of the wrongful death suits filed against O.J. Simpson was pushed back five months Thursday when Superior Court Judge David D. Perez ordered the proceedings to begin Sept. 9.

In a brief hearing, both sides told Perez that they would not be ready to try the case on April 2, as previously scheduled. Lawyers for the families and estates of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Lyle Goldman sought a trial date in mid-July instead. But Robert C. Baker, Simpson’s lead counsel, said previously scheduled trials in other cases would make him unavailable until fall.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email