Arrow-right Camera

News

Faulty Wiring Caused Fire At Apartment

Fri., March 29, 1996, midnight

Fire investigators blame faulty wiring for the blaze that destroyed a Spokane apartment and forced three people to jump from the second floor.

The Wednesday afternoon fire at 2619 W. Sharp probably smoldered for some time in an attic crawlspace before flames forced tenants and visitors to flee, Spokane Fire Marshal Garry Miller said.

Miller said the fire started in an area that made it difficult for detection by a smoke detector in the apartment.

, DataTimes


 
Tags: briefly

Click here to comment on this story »