Idaho

Sears Worker Treated For Smoke Inhalation

A Sears employee was treated for smoke inhalation Wednesday after a trash bin caught fire next to the store.

A drop chute connects a large trash bin/compactor to the Sears store at the Silver Lake Mall.

Coeur d’Alene fire officials are unsure why the trash bin caught fire Wednesday afternoon.

A sprinkler system prevented the blaze from spreading into the building. Firefighters then extinguished the blaze.

Mike Budvarson, assistant fire chief, said there were numerous items - such as WD-40 and various plastics - that could have played a role in causing the fire.

The employee who was checked by emergency personnel was not seriously injured.

, DataTimes



Click here to comment on this story »







Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile