Nation/World

Teen Injured During Visit To Dad’s Work

A teenager who went with his father on Take Our Daughters to Work Day was injured in a fire that started when workers used gasoline to clean an auto repair shop’s floor.

Chad Horton, 17, suffered second-degree burns on his arms and hands and third-degree burns on his face Thursday when he dashed through flames to escape from a building at Ed Cox Motor Co., said his mother, Paula Horton.

He was treated at a hospital and released. No one else required medical help.

Chad had gone to work with his father, Don Horton, on Take Our Daughters to Work Day, which in recent years has expanded to include sons.

Chad was watching employees use gasoline to clean a work bay when a water heater’s pilot light ignited the fumes, Haddock said.

Firefighters estimated the flames caused $10,000 in damage.



Click here to comment on this story »



Saving for the future

sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.



Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile