April 28, 1997 in Nation/World

Man Electrocuted At Bpa Substation

From Staff And Wire Reports
 

A man was electrocuted while installing electrical lines at a Bonneville Power Administration substation here, authorities said.

The lines being installed by Brian Egeness, 36, of Glendive, Mont., on Friday became charged through conduction from nearby live wires, the the Thurston County medical examiner’s office said Saturday.

Egeness was pronounced dead from severe burns at Capitol Medical Center. Another man working with Egeness was knocked over by the jolt but was released after being treated for minor injuries at a clinic.

The accident is being investigated by BPA and state labor officials.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email