Prosecutors Deny Plan To Take Jonbenet Case To Grand Jury
Prosecutors have no plans to present the JonBenet Ramsey murder case to a grand jury, a district attorney’s spokeswoman said Sunday.
But police will update the media on the investigation into the Christmastime slaying of the 6-year-old beauty princess later this week.
Newsweek reported in its Nov. 30 edition that Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter “has all but decided to present the case to a grand jury.
“Well-placed sources say the Boulder police so far have not come up with enough evidence to persuade Hunter to file charges, but police hope that calling witnesses to testify in secret may shake loose some fresh information.”
Suzanne Laurion, a district attorney’s spokeswoman, said no decision has been made to bring the case to a grand jury.
“This is nothing new,” she said. “It’s just a matter of language. Officially, no decision has been made.”
Commander Mark Beckner, who took over the investigation team in October, will brief reporters later this week. The date has not been announced.