Bad Wiring Starts Fire At Marijuana Farm
Investigators blamed a badly wired indoor marijuana farm for a fire Sunday morning that led to the discovery of hundreds of pot plants inside a garage.
Firefighters called to a home in the San Fernando Valley put out the blaze, noticed the marijuana and called police, who found plants as large as 5 feet tall.
One man, whose identity was not released, was arrested.
The fire caused an estimated $35,000 in damage to a garage and some other buildings.
Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey said the blaze was ignited by illegal wiring used to power a hydroponic farm, which consists of plants grown in water without the use of soil.