Chemical Fumes Force Evacuation
More than 200 nursing home patients were evacuated in a freezing rain for more than three hours Wednesday, after chemicals dumped in a basement drain sent fumes through the building.
No patients at the Harborside Health Care home were affected, but three employees were taken to the hospital complaining of eye and throat irritation after inhaling fumes, fire department Lt. Robert Wood said.
© Copyright 1997 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.