January 16, 1997 in Nation/World

Chemical Fumes Force Evacuation

Associated Press
 

More than 200 nursing home patients were evacuated in a freezing rain for more than three hours Wednesday, after chemicals dumped in a basement drain sent fumes through the building.

No patients at the Harborside Health Care home were affected, but three employees were taken to the hospital complaining of eye and throat irritation after inhaling fumes, fire department Lt. Robert Wood said.

© Copyright 1997 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus