September 24, 1997 in Idaho

Welding Torch Ignites Grocery-Store Blaze

From Staff Reports
 
Tags:briefly

A fire sparked by a construction worker’s welding torch Tuesday forced the evacuation of a new Hayden grocery store.

No one was injured, but several dozen Albertsons customers and employees had to leave carts in the aisles and groceries at the checkout counter about 5:40 p.m.

Firefighters quickly stopped the blaze, limiting damage to a small section of roof..

, DataTimes

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus