January 11, 1998 in City

Apartment Fire Closes Street Briefly

From Staff And Wire Reports
 

A portion of Monroe Street was closed for several hours Saturday after a fire at the Ricardo Apartments near downtown Spokane.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 720 N. Monroe shortly before 1:30 p.m. Smoke was pouring from the roof and second floor.

The fire was confined to one apartment and quickly extinguished, said Battalion Chief Dan Brown of the Spokane Fire Department.

There were no injuries. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

, DataTimes


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email