AmericanWest Bank will unveil plans for a new branch in Hayden today during a 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. open house at 255 W. Hayden Ave.
“We see lots of growth in the Hayden market, and it seems to be continuing to work its way north,” said Pat Braddock, AmericanWest’s director of business development in Idaho and Washington.
The new branch will replace a modular structure on the site, which opened in September, 2002. Construction on the one-story brick building is expected to start in late summer or early fall. Bernardo-Wills Architects of Spokane designed the 3,738-square foot building.
The new branch will include four bank windows, a tech center to demonstrate online banking to customers, and offices for commercial, mortgage and business development lenders. Eight people currently work in the modular building, and the new structure is designed to accommodate employee growth, Braddock said.
AmericanWest Bank is based in Spokane. It has one branch in Kootenai County.
Agora business awards announced
The Spokane Regional Chamber of Commerce announced the 2005 Agora business awards on Wednesday.
Agora awards recognize companies and nonprofit organizations for leadership on economic issues and quality of life.
The winners included the Morning Star Boys’ Ranch in the nonprofit category. The Ranch, a mission of the Catholic Church, offers licensed programs to boys ages 10 to 17 who have fallen into trouble or are in danger of doing so.
Other award recipients include:
• Coffee Systems Inc. earned an award in the small business category. The business provides coffee, supplies and service.
• Wilbert Precast was recognized in the mid-size business category. The company makes products including septic tanks, burial vaults and retaining walls.
• Pearson Packaging Systems won in the large business category. The Spokane company manufactures packing machinery that’s used widely by the food and beverage industry. It has more than 200 employees.
• The Davenport Hotel was given the Entrepreneurial Spirit Award. Owners Walt and Karen Worthy remodeled the showpiece hotel in heart of the city.
• Brett Sports earned the C. Michael Archer Community Service Award. The company was recognized for its donations and help to local charities.