If you didn’t attend a gathering of your extended family this summer, you might not be up to date on what your clan’s elders think is wrong with society.
But there’s a good chance one or more of the following themes came up.
1. People attempting to fill the void left by an absence of spirituality with the mindless, debt-incurring acquisition of consumer goods.
2. Brain-eating celebrity worship.
3. Parents who are afraid to lay down the law.
4. Modesty and shame being on the endangered species list.
5. Sense of entitlement/leaders who don’t think we are capable of sacrifice.
6. Too many excuses, not enough apologies.
7. Expecting schools to fix everything.