There’s no shortage of Christmas pageants, concerts and other events in Spokane Valley this week, so make your plans to attend a few and boost your Christmas spirit.
• The choir at Opportunity Presbyterian Church will perform the cantata “Night of Wonder, Night of Joy” during the 9 and 10:45 a.m. worship services on Sunday. There will be even more singing at 6 p.m. Sunday at the church’s “Singsperation” event featuring Christmas carols. Those attending the evening event are invited to bring Christmas cookies to share, decorate and eat. The church is at 202 N. Pines Road.
• The youth of Spokane Valley United Methodist Church, 115 N. Raymond Road, will watch children for parents who need to go out and do some shopping from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and next Saturday. There will be activities for children nursery age through the fifth grade. Lunch and a snack will be provided. The cost is $10. Call the church at 924-7262 for reservations.
• It’s a busy weekend at Millwood Presbyterian Church, beginning with a special combined worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday. The service will include a performance of the children’s program, “Piece of Christmas.” A Christmas tea will be served following the service.
Sunday afternoon at 4 p.m. the church’s choirs will join with the Spokane Symphony Quartet in a performance of Handel’s “Messiah.” The performance also will include a Christmas carol sing-along. The church is at 3223 N. Marguerite Road.
• Everyone is invited to an evening of Christmas caroling beginning at 5 p.m. Sunday at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 2511 S. Pines Road. Carolers will return to the church to warm up with a chili feed after the tour of the neighborhood.
• The Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, 15319 E. Eighth Ave., will host its annual Christmas party and potluck at 5 p.m. Sunday. A guest artist will be on hand drawing caricatures and a certain jolly man is also expected to make an appearance. Those attending are asked to bring a main dish and dessert to share. The community is welcome.
• The children of Opportunity Christian Church will present a Christmas play at 5 p.m. Sunday. The performance will be followed by a potluck dinner and a visit from Santa Claus. Those planning to attend are asked to bring a main dish and a salad or dessert to share. The church is at 708 N. Pines Road.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 4124 N. Harvard Road, will host its annual Christmas family night potluck and auction Sunday at 5 p.m. Children will have the chance to do a craft project. Proceeds from the auction will go toward purchasing a farm animal for impoverished families through the God’s Global Barnyard program.
• The children of Zion Lutheran Church will present a performance of the musical “The Christmas County Spelling Bee” during the 10:45 a.m. worship service on Sunday. A cake reception will follow. The church is at 8304 E. Buckeye Ave.
• The choir of Foothills Community Church, 11102 N. Forker Road, will perform the Christmas cantata “Come and Worship” at 6 p.m. Sunday. Those attending are asked to bring some Christmas treats to share after the performance.
The church invites Christmas carolers to meet at the church at 6:30 p.m. Friday for a tour through the neighborhood. Hot chocolate will be served after the caroling.
•Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 810 S. Sullivan Road, will host its annual Santa Lucia Festival of Light at 5:30 p.m. Sunday. The evening will include a potluck dinner and Christmas carols. Those attending are asked to bring a dish to share and finger desserts.
•The children of the Spokane Valley Church of the Nazarene, 15515 E. 20th Ave., will present a performance of “Once Upon a Christmas” at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday. A cake reception will follow.