December 30, 2008 in City, News

Gas leak temporarily evacuates day care

The Spokesman-Review
 
Jesse Tinsley photo

A mother leaves with a child during an evacuation in the afternoon, Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2008 at St. Anne’s Child and Family Center at 25 W. Fifth in Spokane, Wash. A gas leak prompted the evacuation and children were picked up by parents after the initial report of the leak.
(Full-size photo)

Map of this story's location

Fire crews evacuated St. Anne’s Child and Family Center at 5th and Browne in downtown Spokane earlier today after a reported gas leak. The gas has been shut off to the building, and the students and workers are back inside.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus