“It’s why you have insurance, and good insurance.”
– Spokane developer Ron Wells, after fire destroyed the downtown Joel building where he was developing condominium units, some almost ready to be turned over to buyers.
“A throng of adoring fans awaits Sen. Obama in Paris, and that’s just the American press.”
– Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who was making campaign appearances in Ohio as his Democratic rival Barack Obama commanded intense media coverage during a trip to the Middle East and Europe.
“It’s just like religion. We’re not going to change somebody’s mind.”
– Deputy Idaho Attorney General Clive Strong, speaking in St. Maries in anticipation of an adjudication process that will determine landowners’ water rights in North Idaho.
“This ordinance is really going to require people to act. This is a living, breathing, loving animal. We need to be the voice of the voiceless.”
– Spokane Humane Society Director Dave Richardson, expressing his concerns about the Spokane City Council’s decision to allow unlicensed cats without identification to be euthanized without the three-day waiting period that was required previously.
“He was begging for help, and they kicked him to the curb.”
– Steve Senescall, father of Navy veteran Luke Senescall, who committed suicide hours after a visit to the Spokane Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
“I am the Benewah County commissioner, and Indians have no jurisdiction on us.”
Benewah County Commissioner Jack Buell, as quoted in a police report filed by Coeur d’Alene tribal police officers John Dressler and Kaleb Madison, who stopped Buell’s boat at the mouth of the St. Joe River for allegedly violating a no-wake ordinance.
“My goal, personally, is to compete every single play and every single game.”
– Washington State University flanker Brandon Gibson, a preseason all-conference selection, after the Cougars were picked by media representatives to finish last in the Pac-10 this season.