Local news

Wiring blamed for fire that destroyed Soldier Mountain ski lodge

FAIRFIELD, Idaho – Fire investigators say the blaze that destroyed the ski lodge at the base of Soldier Mountain Ski Resort was accidental and most likely started in the building’s electrical wiring system.

Fairfield Fire Chief Wayne Marlof says state fire investigators determined the Monday fire originated in wiring on the lodge’s first floor, near the main electrical panel. The fire destroyed the ski lodge and adjacent ski shop.

The resort is owned by Bruce Willis’ Idaho-based company, Valley Entertainment Group.

Willis had been working with the Sawtooth National Forest on plans to expand and upgrade the resort, located 12 miles north of Fairfield.

Nobody was hurt in the blaze, and the resort had shut down for the season on Saturday.



Click here to comment on this story »







Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile