Looking for browsing materials? Check out these recent hand-picked links from Spokesman.com blogs.
• Today WSU throws Bone a party | Sportslink
In another week the hoopla will have all died down. Sixty-degree days will be the norm. Spring football will be hitting the dog days. Normality will return to the campus. But today Washington State will throw a welcome-to-Pullman party for Ken Bone, the Cougars’ new basketball coach.
• HBO poll: Rocky’s investigation | Huckleberries Online
Did Sheriff Rocky Watson handle properly the investigation of stolen meds at his jail?
• HBO’s a.m. headlines | Huckleberries Online
Idaho Records/Sherry Adkins, SR | April warmth climbing to upper 60s today/Mike Prager, SR | 3 jail employees fired, 8 disciplined for stolen medications/Meghann Cuniff, SR
• CdA Lake Management Plan wins House OK | Eye on Boise
The budget bill for the state Department of Environmental Quality, a tiny piece of which includes funding authorization to begin implementation of the Coeur d’Alene Lake Management Plan, has passed the House on a 53-16 vote.
• A taste of the tug-of-war lawmakers are living | Eye on Olympia
Today, full page ad in the Olympian: 31 mostly out-of-state economists sign a Washington Policy Center ad urging lawmakers not to raise taxes because it “will thwart the state’s economic recovery.
• Video: In case you slept through the news shows | Spin Control
If you slept in Sunday, or went to church, and forgot to tape the talking head shows, don’t feel bad. TalkingPointsMemo boils them down for you.
• How about the rest of you without kids? | Are We There Yet?
I once had a colleague who thought there were too many perks for moms. Single and in her early 50s, “H” just didn’t think it was fair that mothers got benefits that included maternity leave and other “advantages” that weren’t available to other employees.
• A full range of film openings Friday | Movies and More
Just received word that AMC’s River Park Square Theatres are going to open a bit of something for everyone on Friday.
• How may we help you today? | A Matter of Opinion
• New recession index: Facial hair | Everyday Economy
The typical hallmarks of this recession are well-known: unemployment, foreclosures, bankruptcies. Now you can add beards — at least for some men.
• Feed the hungry | Vox Box
I recently discovered this awesome website called Free Rice. Its pretty straightforward really.
Want more? Go to spokesman.com and click the “Latest blog posts” tab, just above the “Latest news” list of headlines.