The American Red Cross in Spokane is assisting two families burned out of their duplex units in a fire early today at 1322 S. Robin Hood Road in Spokane Valley.
The agency said it will be helping two adults and two children from one unit and three adults and one child from another unit. The families had insurance, according to a Red Cross spokesperson.
Spokane Valley firefighters responded to the blaze about 6 a.m. and were on the scene this morning. Details were not available.
The Red Cross assists with emergency shelter, food, clothing and other belongings to families recovering from disasters such as fire.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.