Local news

Morning house fire believed caused by short-circuit

An electrical short-circuit was fingered as the possible cause of a house fire this morning that forced two men from their home on the North Side of Spokane.

Firefighters from nearby Station No. 15 were first on the scene of the 6 a.m. fire at 1640 E. Olympic Ave. and found smoke billowing from the attic and roof.

They were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Both occupants got out safely, although they did not have a smoke detector, which is recommended.

Firefighters said the blaze appears to have started in a wall adjacent to an electrical panel and spread into the roof. Damage was estimated at $20,000.



Click here to comment on this story »






Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile