January 7, 2009 in City

Residents, pets safe after fire

From staff reports
 

Firefighters rescued a dog and two cats from a fire at 5720 N. G St. in Spokane on Tuesday morning.

The three people in the home were able to escape, said Spokane Fire Assistant Chief Brian Schaeffer. The blaze appeared to have started in the home’s basement, officials said.

The house suffered extensive damage, but it was not destroyed. The residents – an adult and two children – will stay with family members, Schaeffer said.

The cause of the fire, which was extinguished about 9:15 a.m., has not been determined, officials said.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus