Arrow-right Camera

Spokane

Fire displaces family of five

Fri., Jan. 16, 2009, 10:48 a.m.

A family of five is being assisted by the American Red Cross after a blaze likely sparked by an electrical problem damaged their north Spokane home.

No one was hurt in the fire that ignited about 3:50 a.m. today in the 3000 block of North Cincinnati, said Spokane fire Battalion Chief Bruce Moline.

Firefighters who responded to the fire found flames shooting from the roof of the 1 1/2-story home, Moline said. The five residents were already outside.

“The wood frame home suffered extensive damage to the upper level attic space and also sustained smoke damage throughout,” Moline said. The estimated damage is $30,000.

The fire remains under investigation, Moline said. The focus “is on electrical power as a possible source.”



Click here to comment on this story »


>>