Idaho

Burn victim in Seattle hospital

A Coeur d’Alene man burned Friday when a propane tank in his car exploded has been transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Michael R. Brandt, 41, reportedly lit a cigarette while sitting next to a full propane tank in his car in the parking lot of the Cedar Motel at 316 Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.

Witnesses pulled Brandt from his burning Chevy Lumina, which was totaled. He was sent to Kootenai Medical Center after the 2:24 p.m. incident and was airlifted to Harborview a few hours later.



Click here to comment on this story »







Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile