Spokesman.com blogs: No June doldrums at WSU
Looking for browsing materials? Check out these recent hand-picked links from Spokesman.com blogs.
• No June doldrums at WSU | Sportslink
Isn’t this supposed to be the quiet time in college athletics? Ya, right. No matter that it’s June. There’s still a bunch of stuff going on. For links, read on.
• Former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic running for Wahkiakum County clerk | Eye on Olympia
Former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic has filed election papers to run for clerk of tiny Wahkiakum County, one of the most sparsely populated counties in the state.
• Scantily clad baristas in Yakima now face arrest | Sirens & Gavels
First Tacoma. Now Yakima. The government crackdown on scantily clad baristas is marching east.
• North Idaho a.m. headlines | Huckleberries Online
Idaho Records/Sherry Adkins, SR | Bonner County police log/SR | Judge denies lesser charge for murder suspect Villanueva/Tom Hasslinger, CdA Press
• A little lemonade from Chrysler trouble? | Eye on Boise
Fiat and the new Chrysler Group LLC will honor car buyers’ rights under Idaho’s “Lemon Law,” Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden announced today, when the new company takes control of the auto maker.
• Air Force: We like one tanker contract | Spin Control
Air Force officials told a Senate subcommittee they still don’t like the idea of “splitting the baby” on the new refueling tanker. That’s not a surprise, because the Pentagon has been saying to anyone who will listen that they want to have one version of the replacement for the aging KC-135s.
• How much activity is too much? | Are We There Yet?
Recently, I polled my friends on Facebook: Should I enroll my 5-year-old son in soccer or T-ball? Or should he do both?
• DVD week less than ‘Revolutionary’ | Movies and More
Hollywood offers up some of its more respectful films on DVD this week, though they are hardly the most interesting rentals out there. Here is cross section of what the week is boasting for home viewing.
• Thursday loose thread | A Matter of Opinion
It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Won’t you be a commenter?
Want more? Go to spokesman.com and click the “Latest blog posts” tab, just above the “Latest news” list of headlines.