June 5, 2009 in City

Gaming device blamed for South Side fire

Basement fire causes $60,000 in damages
By The Spokesman-Review
 

An electrical short in a gaming device is being blamed for a basement fire that caused an estimated $60,000 in damages to a South Side home.

Spokane firefighters sent six fire rigs to the call at 5 p.m. Thursday at 1710 E. 12th Ave. and quickly extinguished the fire, which was contained in the basement.

No one was home at the time, and no one was injured. Damage was mostly from smoke.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email