Local news

Spokane residents displaced after fire

Four people were displaced today after an electrical fire ignited in the attic of their northwest Spokane home.

The residents are unable to stay at 3914 W. Longfellow Ave. while repairs are made, Spokane fire officials said. The Red Cross is assisting the four adults with temporary accommodations.

Firefighters responded to the home about 5:10 a.m. to find light smoke coming from the roof’s eaves, said Spokane Fire Battalion Chief Steve Sabo.

Using special equipment, crews found the source of the smoke in the kitchen ceiling. The residents said they had experienced electrical problems the night before.

The estimated damage to the home was $10,000, Sabo said.



Click here to comment on this story »






Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile