Voters in nine Spokane area school districts and the city of Spokane have tax measures they are being asked to cast ballots on by Tuesday evening.
Most Spokane city voters have four measures on their ballot. The Spokane School District, which covers much of the city and spills outside its borders in some areas, is asking voters to renew a maintenance and operations levy and approve a $288 million bond issue to pay for the next phase of a school renovation program.
The city has an $18.5 million bond issue to handle several criminal justice projects, including a new evidence warehouse, animal control facilities and municipal courts. The city also has a measure to correct and modernize language in its charter.
The Cheney, Deer Park, Liberty, Mead, Medical Lake, Nine Mile Falls and Riverside school districts also have levy renewals. Reardan-Edwall has a capital projects levy, and the town of Rosalia has a park and recreation levy.
Ballots that are mailed must be postmarked by Tuesday. They also can be deposited, minus a stamp, in a drop box set up by the County Elections office at most public libraries.
Drop box locations are:
• Airway Heights library, 1213 S. Lundstrom
• Argonne library, 4322 N. Argonne
• Cheney library, 610 S. First
• Deer Park library, 208 S. Foster
• Downtown Spokane library, 906 W. Main
• Downtown Spokane transit center, 701 W. Riverside
• East Central library, 524 S. Stone
• Fairfield library, 321 E. Main
• Hillyard library, 4005 N. Cook
• Indian Trail library, 4909 W. Barnes
• Medical Lake library, 321 E. Herb
• Moran Prairie library, 6004 S. Regal
• North Spokane library, 44 E. Hawhtorne
• Shadle Park library, 2111 W. Wellesley
• South Hill library, 3324 S. Perry
• Spokane County Elections Office, 1033 W. Gardner
• Spokane Valley library, 12004 E. Main
Registered voters who did not receive a ballot in the mail, or lost or damaged their ballots, can get replacement “provisional” ballot at a Voter Service Center on Tuesday between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Service centers are located at the Elections Office, the downtown transit center, the North Spokane library, St. Mark’s Church at 316 E. 24th in south Spokane, and St. Anne’ Church at 712 E. Lake in Medical Lake.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day's top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter