Looking for browsing materials? Check out these recent hand-picked links – now with teaser paragraphs – from Spokesman.com blogs.
• Trailer: ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ | Movies and More
My friend and colleague Ryan Pitts just sent me something that has me excited about film. If you click here, you’ll be taken to an Apple site that is showing the official trailer for Spike Jonze’s still-in-production film – a live-action adaptation of Maurice Sendak’s book “Where the Wild Things Are.”
• Today’s video: Best press conference exchange? | Spin Control
Buzz Feed is flagging this press conference exchange between Barack Obama and Reporter Ed Henry, in which the president answers the question (toward the end) Why did you wait so long on AIG outrage?
• Idaho Fish and Game allegation leads to allegations | Huckleberries Online
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is under scrutiny after a private investigator in North Idaho accused the organization of misusing state property.
• Huckleberries best of the Inland Northwest | Huckleberries Online
US Senate OKs first Idaho wilderness bill in 29 years/Statesman | Spokane fireman who had sex with 16YO going to jail/SR | Operation uncovers possible eagle poaching for regalia/Missoulian
• Senate transportation budget has $38 million for N. Spokane Corridor | Eye on Olympia
Locally, the north-south freeway dollars are “in acknowledgement of efforts to cut the cost” of the Spokane region’s transportation mega-project, said Sen. Chris Marr, vice chairman of the Senate transportation committee.
• School busing cuts pass House | Eye on Boise
The House has voted 50-20 in favor of HB 256, the measure to cut state reimbursements to school districts for student busing costs.
• One more day to WSU spring football | Sportslink
We actually have some WSU news. And, being Paul Wulff is holding a spring football news conference this afternoon – and we will have a story on that plus more – it will be a busy day here at SportsLink, WSU edition.
• Some employers take the long view | Everyday Economy
At a time when it’s extra painful to do so, some companies are providing new perks to workers in an effort to build loyalty.
• Do my kids get on your nerves? | Are We There Yet?
Whenever we’re in public – at a restaurant or in church — or visiting people who don’t have children, I often wonder if my kids are getting on other people’s nerves. I worry that they’re not well-behaved and I’m not doing enough to discipline them.
• Would GU invite Obama to speak? | A Matter of Opinion
Obama will deliver a commencement address at Notre Dame. This has some Catholics upset, since some of his views don’t square with Catholic teaching.
• Are we a lost generation? | Vox Box
This video really got me thinking. We as teens have become lazy and complacent. We take things for granted. We put work, friends, and other things above our families. We see problems all around us, but don’t do anything to fix them. We figure “what difference can I make?”