Coroner: Alcohol caused UI student death
MOSCOW — A coroner has confirmed that alcohol poisoning caused the death of a University of Idaho student last month.
Daniel Miller, 23, of Wilder, died April 25 after being found unconscious at an apartment near the Moscow campus.
Latah County Coroner Catherine Mabbutt says toxicology reports show Miller’s blood-alcohol level was .45 at the time of death. A blood alcohol reading of .08 is the level for illegal intoxication, with anything higher than .40 potentially fatal.
Police say Miller died after excessive drinking and involvement in drinking games with friends.
© Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.