Looking for browsing materials? Check out these recent hand-picked links from Spokesman.com blogs.
• Opponents scheming against Shock offense | Sportslink
I attended Shock practice Wednesday and put together a notebook that will run In Thursday’s S-R. You can read an unedited version below.
• Grab bag: 5.27.09 | Sirens & Gavels
Spokane’s newest recruit, Ajax, met with local media Wednesday. Read the story here and check out a slide show here. Other stories in today’s paper include: Autopsy shows man was shot in back Medical Lake to pay Mehrens $20,000 | Trial set in bridge pushing case.
• Your pet’s social event of the season | Huckleberries Online
Wiener dog races, singing Chihuahuas, pet portraits and animal massage. What could be more fun?
• Nex Perce Tribe: Bighorn collaborative killed by legislation | Eye on Boise
The Nez Perce Tribe today notified Gov. Butch Otter that, in light of new bighorn sheep legislation sponsored this year by sheep producer Sen. Jeff Siddoway, R-Terreton, and signed into law by Otter, the tribe can no longer participate in the governor’s Idaho Bighorn/Domestic Sheep Collaborative.
• Same-sex marriage foes file court challenge | Eye on Olympia
People trying to overturn a new law giving expanded rights to same-sex domestic partners have filed an 11th-hour appeal of the proposed ballot language.
• Thursday a.m. video: What you missed Wednesday | Spin Control
Wednesday national newscasts, as expected, were full of Supreme Court nominee, Sonia Sotomayor. The folks from TalkingPointsMemo boil it down for you.
• Salt, sugar, sushi, spices… What does your kid eat? | Are We There Yet?
As a toddler, my son ate curry. Not the seriously spicy stuff, but when he was 2 or so, his favorite foods included rice and his grandmother’s yellowish-green, Filipino version of chicken curry. Even now, he digs ethnic food. But perhaps that’s because it was always part of his diet.
• Another night of ‘Wallander’ | Movies and More
Thank Buddha for DVR. I’m watching the second in the “Wallander” series, which I taped off channel 26, Idaho Public Television. This one is “Firewall,” which is based on the Swedish writer Henning Mankell’s 1998 novel.
• Thursday’s loose thread | A Matter of Opinion
You know the drill.
• Our new blog | Vox Box
Alright everyone, listen up. We are still waiting to find out whether we’ll be able to keep THIS blog up for next year. But in any case, we went ahead and created a new blog on BlogSpot, so that if that’s what we end up having to do, you all will have been able to get the new web address: http://voxxiez.blogspot.com/