The Spokesman-Review

Fire damages home

Sifting through debris after a fire struck his rented home, Ken McComb finds an old tutu he used to wear while singing telegram when working for Western Onion. An electrical fire was to blame for the damage to his home at 1314 W.  Cleveland Ave., November 14, 2009 in Spokane, Wash.
 (Dan Pelle)
Sifting through debris after a fire struck his rented home, Ken McComb finds an old tutu he used to wear while singing telegram when working for Western Onion. An electrical fire was to blame for the damage to his home at 1314 W. Cleveland Ave., November 14, 2009 in Spokane, Wash. (Dan Pelle)

An electrical problem is likely to blame for a fire that damaged a northwest Spokane home Saturday morning.

The Spokane Fire Department was called to the home at 1314 W. Cleveland Ave., about 10:30 a.m. for the report of a structure fire.

Two tenants were home at the time of the fire, but escaped without injury, along with their dog, fire officials said.

Firefighters attacked the blaze quickly, but the fire damage was severe, burning inside the walls of the two-story home from the first floor up into the attic, fire officials said.

Damage estimated at about $30,000, leaving the home uninhabitable. The residents were assisted by the American Red Cross.



Click here to comment on this story »



Saving for the future

sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.




Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile