Local news

Man saves Spokane Valley family from house fire

A man on his way to work this morning alerted a family to a house fire that could have killed them, according to the Spokane Valley Fire Department.

The chimney fire ripped through the roof of the home at 8407 E. Knox Ave. just after 4 a.m., displacing three adults and two children and causing more than $200,000 in damage. The family was asleep when the man knocked on the door.

“The occupants stated they did not hear the smoke alarms and it was unknown if the alarms were functional,” the Fire Department said. “Without assistance from this citizen the outcome could have been much worse; lives could have been lost.”

The Red Cross is helping the family.



Click here to comment on this story »



Where does the money go?

sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.



Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile