September 23, 2009 in Idaho

Rathdrum fire victim ID’d

By The Spokesman-Review
 

The Rathdrum man killed in a mobile home fire Sunday has been identified as Gary M. Lindgren, 65.

Lindgren died of smoke inhalation from an electrical fire caused by the misuse of extension cords, the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department announced today.

His neighbors called firefighters after seeing smoke from his home, 10278 N. Church Road, about 6:45 p.m. Neighbors tried dousing the blaze with a garden house, but flames engulfed the home and Lindgren’s body was found about two hours later, the sheriff’s department said.

The residence was both Lindgren’s home and office space for his refrigerant company, OZ Technology.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email