April 2, 2010 in City

Woman escapes early morning duplex fire

The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

A Spokane woman was rescued early today in a fire that broke out in an unoccupied duplex apartment adjacent to the woman’s apartment on Spokane’s North Side.

A passerby spotted flames inside the duplex building at 4224 N. Monroe St. about 1:25 a.m. and called the fire department.

Firefighters found the adult woman in the adjacent unit and got her out of the building. She was not injured.

The fire was contained to the living room and dining room of the adjoining duplex in the single-story structure. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus