April 3, 2010 in City

Spokane duplex resident saved from fire next door

The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

A Spokane woman was rescued early Friday in a fire that broke out in an unoccupied duplex apartment adjacent to the woman’s apartment on Spokane’s North Side.

A passer-by spotted flames inside the duplex building at 4224 N. Monroe St. about 1:25 a.m. and called the Fire Department.

Firefighters found the adult woman in the adjacent unit and got her out of the building. She was not injured.

The fire was contained to the living room and dining room of the adjoining duplex in the single-story structure. The cause of the fire is under investigation.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email